Thank you for participating in AMCIS 2023. AMCIS 2023 will include both in-person and virtual programming and therefore based on the success of the author-videos embedded in the AIS eLibrary along with the accepted papers over the past three years, the conference committee has made author-videos a required component for papers. Detailed information about the author-video is included below. Please use this site to submit your required author-video file.
Benefits of your video in AIS eLibrary
In order to create a more immersive and inclusive experience, AMCIS 2023 authors are asked to create a short author-video about the paper with the aim of enhancing impact, inclusivity, and the global reach of your research. Consistent with the past two years, the author-videos will be posted directly on your article’s landing page in the AIS eLibrary. Author-videos were added as a feature in the AIS eLibrary in May 2020 and they have proven to be incredibly beneficial to both authors and the entire field. By including an author video, you are increasing your research reach and audience.
- On average, every author-video in eLibrary has been streamed 52 times (as of April 2023). Similarly, author-videos also significantly enhance the paper’s impact across several metrics (e.g., paper downloads, global readership, abstract views, etc.)
- Author-videos also enhance the inclusivity of the conference (e.g., for individuals whom might never have an opportunity to attend an AMCIS face to face and to view the author presentation(s)).
Author-videos can provide a more comprehensive view of the research study (and the paper), research methods, findings, research team, etc. Please complete the required * fields below so this file can be posted to the correct article in the AMCIS 2023 proceedings in the AIS eLibrary.
VIDEO SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 6, 2023
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Video length – maximum:
- Full Research Papers: 12-15 minutes
- ERF Papers: 5-7 minutes
- File formats for videos (must be rendered files only)
- Preferred: MP4, MOV, MP3
- Also accepted: 3gp, asx, avi, f4v, flv, mkv, wmv
- File name: must include paper ID #. Example
- AMCIS23_manuscript_id_1234.[file type]
- File Size: 1 GB or less
- Style: Screen capture recordings, using applications such as Zoom, Skype, or Camtasia, are strongly recommended. If possible, you are encouraged to use an application that also allows for the presenter to be shown, as in the example shown here:
- If other types of recordings must be used (e.g., videos taken on a phone), please ensure that the video is in landscape mode and that any text, images, or other visual elements can be clearly seen.
Accepted papers will become available in the AIS eLibrary, approximately two weeks prior to the conference. Pre-recorded videos will become available at the start of the conference. As in prior years, conference participants can asynchronously view and post comments/questions on each paper.
Please contact email@example.com with any uploading questions